Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Sure is hot out here.....I just can't get a break...at least the weather is great!

So, I've decided besides wanting a private jet someday...I am definitely going to need a private island. I came to this resort at the end of the peninsula thinking I'd be quite secluded. I'm sure if I wasn't white, the locals wouldn't approach me as often but it's getting really tedious. Usually they want to get to know me or they are interested in what I am working on. I just think its weird to just walk up to someone and stand there observing what they are doing and not say a word and stand or sit there watching for a good half an hour if not longer (unless you are a street artist and then that is the whole point). I don't like it when people watch me work creatively. So while I was sketching today and weaving my next attempt at a little basket, one or two men, usually older came and literally starred at me the whole time.

Monday:
I woke up around 6:30 because it was bright out. I decided to get dressed and take a stroll. I found so many amazing seashells! I diverted from two guys that wanted to talk to me. I've simply had to resort to not looking  at them and just say good morning and move on without giving them further attention. If I even glanced at them, I wouldn't get them off my back and would have to start answering a hundred questions ending in a sort of marriage proposal or offer to have their children.

I ordered two omelette, bread and some coffee for breakfast. While that was being made, I read in the hammock. 

I spent some time tanning after breakfast and once I needed to get out of the sun, my morning creativity time began with sketching.

For lunch I had some yam fries which unfortunately weren't that great. After eating it was time for a little swim and another tanning session.

Again, once I needed to get out of the sun, my afternoon creative session began with weaving a basket. The manager came over at some point (an old man had already been just watching me for half an hour) and asked where I learned to do something like that. I told him I didn't and that I was just making it up as I went.

The whole day I seemed to be the only guest at the resort. In the evening, two Germans arrived however. I feel that there is a crazy amount of Germans traveling in Ghana. I don't intend on making friend with them. Not because they aren't lovely people maybe but because I want to make sure my privacy is somewhat insured for the time I am here.

The rest of the night was spent eating dinner, finishing my book, charging my phone and looking at the full moon from the hammock.

No comments:

Post a Comment