Friday, July 9, 2010

SUMMER TIME!!!!!

It's true.....I finally am on break! Today was my first study free day in over 14 weeks! But what happened yesterday you ask?

I rode my bike home from my aunt's and uncle's place. It was a nice way to free the mind a bit before the exam. I went to the hospital to take care of my elective class, choose my new one for next semester and return library books. At home I tried not to think about all too much. I honestly must say though that I was not nervous. The day before I was not in the mood to study but none the less sat at my desk for 5 hours and studied. 

Everyone was pretty nervous before the exam. I on the other hand was rather chill-laxed. I just hoped that the time factor wouldn't be a problem. Once we finally got to start and I started to answer one question after another, I knew it was good. Shockingly, I had about 20 minutes of the 45 minutes left over to check all my 30 answers again and again and make sure that my answer sheet was filled in correctly. Three minutes before the end I just sat in my chair and smiled waiting for the professor to announce the begin of our summer break. Once it was over I just turned to my friend next to me and said, "cool, cool exam, I thought that was really nice of the Profs". She did not share my enthusiasm. She thought it was pretty hard and so did most of the others. Except of course for the one smart guy at my table.  I was glad to have found someone who didn't find it that difficult either. We went to the anatomy building to see if they posted the answers yet but they hadn't and wouldn't until 2PM. It was 1:30 and so we decided to go eat something first. When we were back at the anatomy building we all ran and crowded to see the answers. I just started counting the questions that I answered right. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven,......opps, one wrong, fourteen, fifteen,....twenty-nine!!!!!!! I only got one wrong! I mean, that isn't the official score but I remembered what I answered and so I am pretty sure that is what I got. The actual results won't be posted until Monday. 

After having seen my score, I went into town and hung out at my aunt's for a while. When I was finally home I chatted with my family. At first I wasn't in the mood to go out and party but I felt I needed to push myself. First thing on the list was grilling in front of the hospital. I ended up staying until 10:30 or so and made my way to Sausolitos with a couple of people. We were only there for about an hour and then went on to the Blue Note Club where we danced until 4 in the morning. After having showered and gotten ready for bed, it was just about 5 in the morning. I woke up just before 8 and then actually had to get up because I had so much to get done in town before the various doctor's offices and stores closed.

This was the most difficult semester of my life but it was almost the most insightful, rewarding and fun semester of my life. I am sad that the cadavers part is over but am happy that I can now relax and be artsy again and hang with my friends outside of studying. (A few of us went to the pool today. I don'T remember the last time I was at a pool! It was SO much fun). Tomorrow we are going to drive to a near by sea. 
  
I love Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment